Wilmington Yoga Center will be sponsoring daily beach yoga classes at sunrise and eventually sunset!
Wilmington Yoga Center is thrilled to announce that we will be partnering with Shell Island Resorts for Yoga on the Beach Classes this summer!
Please visit our class schedule to view most current days and times! Starts June 1, 2012!
Info for Students:
- Park at Shell Island Resorts, and come to the lobby for your parking pass 15 minutes before your class starts. Look for your yoga teacher in a “Wilmington Yoga Center” tee-shirt.
- Give your $10 Cash payment to your teacher in the Shell Island Lobby. Once you have paid the teacher and signed in, you will be given your parking pass to put in your car.
- Bring your large beach towel, and walk from the lobby with your group to our beach practice area, located to the left of the volleyball court, near the sand dunes.
- Enjoy your 1 hour yoga class! If you are a local, you may wish to enjoy the healthy breakfast options that Shell Island provides. If you are a guest of Shell Island, we hope to see you again for the next class!
Beach Yoga FAQ’s:
- I’ve never done yoga and can’t touch my toes, can I still come? YES! This is a gentle beach yoga class for ALL levels, ages, shapes, and sizes. This is an accessible class for all beginners.
- What do I wear? Anything you feel comfortable in. We recommend any beach ware: shorts, tee-shirts, tanks, bathing suits, etc. You will not need shoes.
- What do I bring? All that you need to bring is a large beach towel or sheet to practice on. We do not use yoga mats. You may wish to bring sunscreen and water as well.
- What can I expect? Our Beach Yoga classes include gentle stretching, deep breathing, and relaxation techniques with the sounds of the waves and seagulls! All levels of physical ability are welcome.
- Is this included in my yoga membership or class series at WYC? No. Our beach classes are “specialty” yoga classes and the cost is additional for these classes.
We hope to see you on the sand this summer!
Beach Yoga Class Details
- $10 Drop In-CASH ONLY
- These classes are gentle classes and are open to ALL levels.
- FREE parking at Shell Island Resorts
- Optional Health Breakfast provided in Shell Island Restaurant.
I attended the beach yoga class at Shell Island Resort, which was absolutely perfect for how I felt. Gentle, but very focused yoga instruction experienced on the soft, forgiving sand with the waves of the Atlantic serving as our yoga mix–Melodie S.