This 3-day yoga retreat will consist of daily meditation, gentle, and vinyasa flow yoga classes (open to all levels). In addition to a gentle and vigorous asana practice, yoga pranayama & restorative guided relaxation, this yoga retreat will include time for instruction in the Buddhist style of vipassana, or insight meditation. There will also be ample free time for exploring, hiking, resting, receiving bodywork, and connecting with others. Arriving anytime after 3pm on Friday, we will begin with afternoon yoga and meditation classes, followed by a group ceremonial dinner of local, organic, farm fresh vegetarian foods on site Friday evening. Saturday and Sunday breakfast plus lunch will also be offered to our group as an organic vegetarian buffet. All classes and activities are optional and students are encouraged to approach this retreat as an opportunity for rejuvenation and renewal.
What you will experience:
- Sitting and walking meditation
- Discussion to help clarify practical issues people new to meditation tend to encounter
- Suggestions for setting up a daily practice and taking your meditative awareness into the world
- Enjoy the many charms of the Prama Institute, a retreat center well known for hosting groups for holistic studies
- Opportunity to connect with the natural surroundings of the Appalachain Mountains at a time of year when the weather is optimal and the leaves are brilliantly changing with the seasons
A Video showing the Prama Retreat Center & Grounds…
About Donna Gardner
DONNA GARDNER has been practicing yoga and Insight Meditation for over 20 years and is an experienced teacher. She holds a Masters Degree in Dance from New York University, and is an ACE certified personal trainer. In addition, she attended the Graduate School of Social Work at Boston University and recently completed Level I certification in Thai Yoga Bodywork. Whether you are new to practice, returning to it, or enjoying an ongoing practice, please join Donna for classes in which you will receive personal attention to your specific needs and abilities.
About Heather Metzler, 200RYT
HEATHER METZLER was a Special Education teacher for many years, Heather started looking for a way to alleviate stress and create a healthier lifestyle for herself. She took her first yoga class 13 years ago at a local gym, and was soon in love with the way it made her feel. She found the Wilmington Yoga Center where she started to deepen her practice through the love and teachings of Kristin, Larry and Donna. After the birth of her first daughter in 2006 she took the Prenatal Teacher Training offered at WYC, followed shortly after with the Kunga Vinyasa Teacher Training. In 2009 during her second pregnancy, she completed the 220 hour Kunga Yoga Teacher Training. She feels blessed to have her family and students in her life everyday, which she contributes to her growth as an individual and as a teacher. She is currently working towards her 500 hour certification, to deepen her practice and experiences while serving others in her classes.
Date & Time
Friday, November 16 to Sunday, November 18, 2012
After 3:00pm – 12:00pm on Sunday
$325 Shared Occupancy Per Person
$425 Double Occupancy Per Person (Limited Availability)
10% off if registered by November 1!
- Accommodations Fri-Sun
- Arriving anytime after 3pm Friday, checkout Sun Noon
- Organic, Local Vegetarian Meals; Friday Dinner & Sat/Sun Breakfast & Lunch
- All Yoga & Meditation Instruction Classes
- Private Yoga Sessions w/Donna
- Private Thai Yoga Massage
- Swedish & Deep Tissue Bodywork On Site
- White Water Rafting, Canoeing, and Hiking Trails
- Sightseeing in Asheville & Surrounding Areas-Biltmore Estate
- Driving along Blue Ridge Parkway
- Asheville Downtown Nightlife, Restaurants & Shopping
10% off Full Weekend for all AutoRenew members!
CEUs & Yoga Certification Info
- 15 CEU Hours toward 500 YA or CEUs (not including Thursday night)
- $15 Additional CEU certificate due at time of registration
- Participation in full retreat classes required to receive 500YA credit.
- This certification counts one required module towards 500Hr registry in the Wilmington Yoga Center program
10 days prior to the workshop cancellation is permitted for account credit only minus a $25 administrative fee. 10 days and closer to the start date of the workshop the total tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.