This 3-day course is designed for yoga teachers and professionals (doulas,childbirth educators, midwives, doctors, massage therapists) who work with pregnant women who have an established yoga practice. The intention of this training is to offer a holistic and gentle approach to pregnancy and birth that empowers the birthing woman and welcomes new life into this world in a peaceful and loving environment. Through discussion, participation, self-reflection and practice of the fundamental elements of prenatal yoga, this training offers the knowledge and skills to support and empower women through the childbearing year, birth and into motherhood.
In this Training You will learn
- Understanding the basic anatomical, physiological and emotional changes of pregnancy Adapting Asana to Pregnancy
- Relieving the common discomforts of pregnancy with yoga
- Breathwork and Relaxation to facilitate a healthy pregnancy and calm birth
- Yoga for pain management
- Restorative Yoga for pregnancy
- Overview of labor and birth
- Using yoga to facilitate an active, upright birth
- Partner work for couples and childbirth preparation
- Introduction to the post-partum body
- Intentional manifestation
- Business of teaching/marketing
About Heather Till, ERYT500, Doula
Heather Till, ERYT500, is a certified yoga therapist and teacher (1,000 hour level). She holds a BS in Psychology, is certified in Prenatal Yoga, Pilates, Reiki, and has completed training in Itsy Bitsy Yoga®, ChildLight Yoga and as a DONA trained Birth Doula. Heather’s approach to yoga is gentle and heartfelt, emphasizing mindfulness and moving with the breath to create awareness, release deeply held tensions and open to our body’s natural healing resources. Her interest in the therapeutic path of yoga grew out of a desire to help her students experiencing health challenges get the most benefit out of their practice as well as developing a deeper understanding of how the mind/body practices of yoga could facilitate healing and personal transformation. Heather currently maintains a private Yoga Therapy practice, teaches Yoga for Cancer and Cardiac Yoga classes through the Healing Arts Network at NHRMC and offers workshops and teacher trainings which focus on restorative yoga and integrative yoga for conscious conception, pregnancy, birth, and beyond.
Date & Time
Friday, April 20
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Saturday, April 21
12:00 pm – 3:00 pm & 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Sunday, April 22
9:00 am – 12:00 pm & 1:00pm – 4:00pm
$385 by April 6
$400 after April 6
Includes 150+ page manual
10% off Full Weekend for all AutoRenew members!
Sign up Now!
CEUs & Yoga Certification Info
- 15 CEU Hours toward 500 YA or CEUs
- $15 Additional CEU certificate due at time of registration
- Participation in full workshop required to receive 500YA credit.
- This certification completes one required module towards 500Hr registry in the Wilmington Yoga Center program
10 days prior to the workshop cancellation is permitted for account credit only minus a $25 administrative fee. 10 days and closer to the start date of the workshop the total tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.