Learn a hands approach to moving the energy flow along the meridians of the body.
* 500 Hour Elective Training
Shiatsu is a form of Japanese bodywork which literally translates as “finger pressure”. Students use palms, thumbs, and feet to affect the meridians that flow through the body. Meridians are living electromagnetic pathways of energy that govern all things physical, physiological, mental and emotional. Shiatsu helps to free blocks in the body so that Ki (energy) flows more affectively along the meridians. The body is then better able to cleanse and heal on many levels. The Five Element Theory will be presented; Fire, Earth, Metal, Water and Wood and how each meridian is stimulated or calmed by these elements is discussed.
Benefits of this program/presenter’s approach:
- Learn why you use which meridian for what illness or injury
- Learn specific yoga moves for each of the meridians, improving your own body mechanics and thus client positioning
- Learn about the five element theory, broadening your mind and your ability to assist clients in their healing process
- Learn about CAM, complimentary alternative medicine and how Shiatsu fits into this category
- Assist your clients to heal on a deeper level, helping them to find root causes, as well as relieving symptoms
About Melissa Grey Mosher, ERYT, PT LMBT
Come enjoy learning from Melissa Mosher ,NCBTMB approved CE provider #451472, who has been studying, practicing and teaching complimentary alternative medicine for over 30 years; massage, yoga, herbal and aroma therapies. Melissa discovered Shiatsu while working in Japan in 1986, then trained in Colorado under Beck Stephens at the Boulder College of Massage Therapy in 1996. After massage school she had a thriving practice for seven years in the Rocky Mountains where she incorporated Shiatsu, herbs and oils into every massage treatment, helping people find great relief from chronic illnesses such as fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. Melissa moved to Wilmington, NC in 2003 and became the Director of Massage Therapy at a private college, and she now travels the US teaching a variety of continuing education classes. You’re sure to enjoy her classes, learn new things and have great fun! http://www.whitefeatherwellness.org/default.html
Date & Time
Saturday, July 27th
9:00am – 6:00pm
Sunday, July 28th
9:00am – 6:00pm
$300 before July 13
$325 after July 13
10% off Full Weekend for all AutoRenew members!
If you are a military spouse, you may qualify for the MyCAA program. The MyCAA program is a career development and employment assistance program offered by the military for military personnel and their spouses. MyCAA provides a maximum educational benefit of $4,000.
Need a place to stay?
Check out our list of local home-stays and accommodations
CEUs & Yoga Certification Info
- 16 CEU Hours toward 500 YA or CEUs
- 16NCBTMB approved CE hours for LMBT
- $15 Additional CEU certificate due at time of registration
- Participation in full workshop required to receive 500YA credit.
- This certification counts as one required module/counts as elective hours towards 500Hr registry in the Wilmington Yoga Center program
10 days prior to the workshop cancellation is permitted for account credit only minus a $25 administrative fee. 10 days and closer to the start date of the workshop the total tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.