In this yoga workshop, appropriate for all levels of yoga and athletic experience, you’ll learn poses to increase flexibility, especially in the hips and legs; spend some time cultivating sport-specific core strength and playing with balance; and examine yoga as mental training, learning how incorporating this ancient approach can make you a better athlete. No matter what your sport is, you’ll leave with practical ways to incorporate yoga in your training to increase your flexibility, core strength, stability, and physical and mental endurance, while lowering your recovery time and risk of injury.
What you will learn:
- The various needs, abilities, and limitations that athletes bring to a yoga practice
- How to design sequences appropriate for specific needs
- How to survey exercise physiology relevant to yoga asana practice
About Sage Rountree, ERYT
Sage Rountree is an internationally recognized authority in yoga for athletes and an endurance sports coach. The author of many books on yoga for athletes, Sage writes on sports for Yoga Journal and on yoga for publications including Runner’s World, Lava Magazine, USA Triathlon Life, and Endurance Magazine. She co-owns the Carrboro Yoga Company and teaches nationwide workshops on yoga for athletes, trainings for teachers on working with athletes, and running and yoga retreats.
Sage’s writing, videos, and workshops will help you optimize how you use your body and breath to achieve a sense of balance, connection, and peace—both in sports and in life. To learn more about sage visit her website: http://www.sagerountree.com/
Date & Time
Saturday, August 18
12:00pm – 2:30pm
$50 after August 4
$45 before August 4
**15% OFF full price for Try Sports “Believe Achieve Club” members**
CEUs & Yoga Certification Info
- TBD CEU Hours toward 500 YA or CEUs
- $15 Additional CEU certificate due at time of registration
- Participation in full workshop required to receive 500YA credit.
- This certification counts as elective hours towards 500Hr registry in the Wilmington Yoga Center program
10 days prior to the workshop cancellation is permitted for account credit only minus a $25 administrative fee. 10 days and closer to the start date of the workshop the total tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.