Practice mindfulness in the mountains on and off the mat with yoga, hiking and nutrition. Join Frances Murchison, ERYT200 and Holistic Health Coach and JJ Cook, ERYT200/RYT500 for a weekend at the Prama Institute in the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains. In the mornings enjoy a vegetarian, organic buffet followed by optional meditation and invigorating power vinyasa flow classes. In the afternoons, choose to schedule a wellness consultation with Frances or take a scenic mountain hike with JJ. Frances will also offer clean eating workshops on Friday and Saturday. Dinner will be catered by Prama Institute on Friday. On Saturday evening you’ll be free to dine and explore Asheville. All activities are optional. Participants are to approach this retreat for rejuvenation, renewal and healing.
[button url=”https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=164&stype=-8&sTG=8&sVT=39&sView=day&sLoc=1&sTrn=100000358&date=09/25/15″ target=”_self” size=”small” style=”coolblue” ]Sign Up Today[/button]
What you will experience:
- Yoga + meditation
- Fresh, local + organic meals
- Eat Clean workshops with Frances
- Accommodations at Prama Institute–a retreat center well known for hosting groups for holistic studies
- Opportunity to connect with the natural surroundings of the mountains
Frances Murchison, ERYT200
Adjunct Faculty member, Frances Murchison, 200RYT, brings 11 years of yoga experience to her classes. She completed her 200hr Training under Daren Friesen at Moksha Yoga in Chicago, and is working towards her 500-hour Kunga Yoga certification. Originally a runner, she embraced yoga for the physical benefits of strength, flexibility and endurance. Soon, she realized that the enhancement of mindfulness, self-acceptance and compassion turned out to be an even larger benefit. Frances Her influential teachers include Gary Kraftsow, Gbriel Halpern, Aadil Palkhivala, Darem Friesem, Dr. John Douillard and Bruan Kest. Frances is a trained and certified 5Elements Flow teacher. Frances’ background as a holistic health coach informs her teaching. Frances teaches Basic Flow, Core Power Hour, 5Elements Water Flow, 5Elements Earth Flow and Power Flow Yoga classes.
JJ Cook, ERYT200/RYT500
JJ Cook is a Kunga Yoga Faculty Teaching Assistant. He is a graduate of the Wilmington Yoga Center’s Kunga Yoga 200HR Teacher Training and Kunga Yoga Mentorship under Kristin Cooper, Heather Lilly and Noelle Cavenaugh. JJ completed his 300HR Power Vinyasa Teacher Training with Tamal Dodge and 500RYT. He is also a certified 5Elements Flow teacher. JJ is a graduate of UNCW and basketball player for the Wilmington Sea Dawgs professional men’s basketball minor league team of the Carolinas. JJ brings brings his athletic background into his classes with an emphasis on helping his students to building strength, motivation, and focus and currently teaches Warm & Hot Power Flow, Hot Detox & Hold, and 5Elements Flow classes.
Date + Time
Friday, September 25 – Sunday, September 27
Yoga Retreat Package Costs
[button url=”http://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=164&stype=41&prodid=4256″ target=”_self” size=”small” style=”coolblue” ]Join![/button]
Early Bird Rate – Register by July 25 to receive 10% off
Arrival + Departure
Arrive anytime after 3pm Friday. Checkout Sunday at Noon
Meals will be prepared by Prama staff. Please bring extra cash to tip them, if you particularly enjoy your meals. We are unable to accommodate special dietary restrictions, but meals will be gluten free, vegan, and high on supplemental proteins. Snacks will be offered throughout the day to support you.
Please let us know if you plan to eat dinner at Prama on Saturday. The kitchen staff will only prepare food for those planning to eat dinner at Prama on Saturday night. Many people take Saturday night as a chance to explore Asheville, which has some fantastic vegan-friendly restaurants:
The Laughing Seed (farm-to-table vegetarian)
Rosetta’s Kitchen (vegetarian comfort food)
Plant (completely vegan)
Mela (Indian with vegetarian options)
Consultation + Massage Opportunities:
Frances will offer wellness consultations throughout the retreat.
- 30 min $90
- 60 min $150
You may schedule and pay for your wellness consultation by contacting Logan White, Programs Manager at email@example.com. Please let us know as soon as possible if you would like to book a wellness consultation.
A member of the Prama Institute staff will offer massages on Saturday from 9:30am-6pm.
- 60 min $100
- 90 min $140
Massages will take place in the wellness center. Bring cash for payment directly to Prama. Sign ups for Saturday massages can be anytime from now until Friday upon arrival.
Items to Bring:
- Please bring ear plugs/eye pillows if you are a light sleeper – the kitchen is not far from the sleeping quarters, so you will hear sounds from the kitchen in the morning.
- We suggest bringing indoor shoes/slippers with gripping bottoms, to more easily walk on the hard floors and stairs throughout Prama.
- Bring your own mat, and any props you might want to use during your yoga practice. We will have extra mats, if needed.
You might consider bringing a blanket for outdoors/picnic blanket.
- If you have particular sheets/blankets/pillows you like to sleep on, please feel free to bring them, but we will provide linens on every bed this year. Beds are twin-sized in the bunk lodging, and full in the double rooms.
- Consider bringing hiking shoes and mosquito spray, as the retreat will offer one 2-hour mountain hike.
CEUs & Yoga Certification Info
- 15 CEU Hours toward 500 YA or CEUs
- $15 Additional CEU certificate due at time of registration
- Participation in full retreat classes required to receive 500YA credit.
- This certification counts one required module towards 500Hr registry in the Wilmington Yoga Center program
In the event of cancellation, the following policies apply:
- 60 days or more prior to the retreat: Your payment will be refunded, less a $50 administration fee.
- 59-46 days prior to the retreat: Payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less $50 administration fee) to a studio account credit.
- 45 days or less: Payments are not refundable or transferable, as your payment has already been processed.
The above policies apply regardless of the reason for cancellation (such as sickness, death in family or emergency, etc). Unfortunately, group contracts and packages have been pre-arranged and pre-paid with hosts at the time of registration and we do not have control of refunds or credit beyond the above exceptions. Retreat does not include food costs for “free night” dinners, or extra travel costs associated with other tourist attractions.
If you are a military spouse, you may qualify for the MyCAA program. The MyCAA program is a career development and employment assistance program offered by the military for military personnel and their spouses. MyCAA provides a maximum educational benefit of $4,000.